Thursday, February 24, 2005

Finished Socks

Finished my first pair of socks on Tuesday morning. I think they turned out well, and they fit great. While re-reading the directions making the second one, I discovered I had made a mistake on the first one. When decreasing stitches for the heel gusset, I decreased every round when I was supposed to decrease every 3rd round. So I compromised on the second sock. I wanted to see how it was really supposed to be if I followed the directions, but I didn't want it to be too different from the first one. My fix was to decrease every 3rd round for a couple of decreases and then every 2nd round until finished. And the second sock fits fine that way. I notice now that the first one is a bit tight across the ankle, but on the other had there is no bagginess there at all. I think I need to make the next pair a bit smaller; they do stretch quite a lot. And I think I need a tighter gauge, say 8 stitches to the inch instead of 7. But overall, I'm happy with what I did. We'll see if I still think that after I've washed them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home